Monday 16 April 2012

AWAY FRM U

Twenty-one year old Brad Oberhofer named his Brooklyn-based band after his family name (and why the bloody hell not when your surname's that good?) and describes their sound as 'coincidence pop'. (If I ever start a band I'm going to describe our genre as 'panda pop.')

They tweet happy shit on their Twitter and their background is a dream so I like them already. 


They also have nice artwork. I'm a sucker for nice artwork, so I miss the whole process of sitting on the floor looking through the inlay whilst you play a CD for the first time. Never thought I'd be getting nostalgic for CDs, does this mean I'm old? Pipe down, that was rhetorical.


Coincidentally, Away Frm U is the single that caught my eye (ear). Catchy McCatcherson. Watch.



Oberhofer's debut album Time Capsules II is out today on Glassnote Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...