Wednesday 13 November 2013

LORDE - EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD

Having grown up in the 80s/90s with music-obsessed parents, Tears For Fears are firmly in the soundtrack of my youth. Probably more so in my older brothers' as my mum used to sing Shout at him when he was a baby to stop him crying. (Her trick for me was the Neighbours theme tune which I'm assuming is where my obsession with Australia began.)

Speaking of that part of the world, Kiwi du jour Lorde has done a dark and dramatic cover of a Tears for Fears favourite for the Hunger Games: Catching Fire soundtrack. Which I am champing at the bit (and also nervous) to see.



As a cover of a classic pop song, maybe this version's not so great. As a song in its own right, in the context of the Hunger Games soundtrack? It's perfect.

The Hunger Games OST is out 18th November.
(HINT: We have one three copies to give away over on the BLISS Twitter, comp ends Monday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...