Tuesday 2 July 2013

PHOENIX - TRYING TO BE COOL (VIDEO)

My fondest memories of Phoenix are watching them at Field Day a few of years back - the sun was going down, they were on the main stage and I felt like life was amazing. (I thought my world was just beginning that night but I ended up eating a late dinner in a Mare Street kebab shop before spending many lost hours in a grotty flat in Hackney with temporary bezzies.) Anyway, Phoenix bring back fond memories of when I first moved to London, with big dreams and small pay cheques. And loads of foxes sunbathing in my Clapton garden. Love them. (Phoenix AND the fox cubs.)



This video is pretty uninspiring until you learn that it was shot live with full takes of the song. Only then does it become impressive. 

Trying To Be Cool is out now, off the album Bankrupt.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...