Wednesday 30 July 2014

SIR SLY - YOU HAUNT ME

Scrolling through Twitter last night and I see Sir Sly are finally back in action, having been squirrelling away working on an album. GOT SO EXCITED I WET THE BED.*


Photo by Nick Walker

Granted, this track doesn't have the intense magic of their older stuff like Ghost, but it's the perfect pop song for freewheeling in the sun on your bike, and offers a nice precursor for what I can only imagine is an incredible album. 






I don't know what it is about these guys but they make music that makes me feel like everything's going to be okay even when all signs point to the fact that it isn't. On this note, I just found this quote from singer Landon Jacobs who says of the song, "Growing up, there were a few songs that made me feel okay about all the anxiety and self-doubt I had...There were a few songs that taught me that moving on is possible even though forgetting the past isn't. I hope this can be that kind of song for people."

That, my friends, is very powerful. Keep on keeping on. 


Album You Haunt Me is out 16th Sep. (Pre-order and get the title track plus four others. WICK.)

*Definitely didn't

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...