Sunday 1 May 2011

TIE DYE FOR

I love tie dye. Though I went through a brief period of despising it when I worked at a summer camp in the U.S. for 2 years, as that's what the kids all wore. And my legs were permanently stained with the stuff all summer long from brushing past the dye bins at the craft centre. But then I took a job at (most unethical and corrupt employer in the world) American Apparel and fell in love with it again. Americans really do love that shit.

But now I love it again. I think it relates to my inner hippy - there's a very small (read: pretty big) part of me that just wants to run away and live in a little self sufficient community where you never wear shoes and float around all day singing with animals. (But not like what happened to Tasha in Home and Away all those years ago. And not Amish. Nuh-uh.)

Vanessa Bruno appears to heart it a little bit too if these shorts from her Athe diffusion line are anything to go by. I want them. Nay - I need them. Yum.




Shorts, £94, Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...