Tuesday 24 January 2012

HIGHER LOVE

Stumbled across this beaut when Spotify forced me to listen to the 'Top tracks near you' playlist (the N16 posse sure love Rihanna) and this track was number three. Intrigued, I clicked and listened. And listened again. And listened again. And...you get the picture. In fact, I listened to it more than I listened to Marcus Collin's debut single which landed in my inbox today (embarrassingly I got locked out of the system 'cos I'd played it too much).



James Vincent McMorrow's beautifully haunting version of one of my favourite childhood feel good songs works a treat and has a touch of Bon Iver/Benjamin Frances Leftwich about it. Which can only be a good thing.

However, it sounds like the sort of song Fearne Cotton pisses her pants over so I wondered if that was the reason it was such a favourite of my neighbours. However, after some brief research, I discovered that it was used in a LoveFilm ad. But you knew that, didn't you? 'cos you own a telly box. (One day I'll have a TV in my life again. From that day, you'll find me on my sofa covered in cheese ball crumbs and Dorito dust, watching back to back episodes of Cheaters. Oh Heaven.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...