Saturday 14 July 2012

LOVELY JUGS

I'll admit it, I have a thing for homeware. It makes me feel wholesome and happy and yeah, yeah it's all material shit but I LOVE IT. For a while, I've been wanting a nice water decanter (I'm always thirsty and when I work from home, the trips to the kitchen to get water are all too frequent) and then a nice jug to make iced tea in (every time I go to America I come back wanting to only drink iced tea forever more). I've been looking for a wee while and found the jug of my dreams on Jasmine Way:

Handmade Rose Portugese Glass Jug, £44, JasmineWay.co.uk

The issue here though is the price. £44. For a jug. Unfortunately on my freelance wage, this is out of my league. So my Mum, bless her soul, gave me an, ahem, similar alternative when I went back home last weekend. This 90s bad boy from Malibu:


Now I've twice been accused of being drunk after drinking from this jug so it may have some sort of holy water into wine (water into Malibu) properties. I'm also in the process of trying to scrub the labels off a litre bottle of Bombay Sapphire so I can use it as a water decanter. Rustic. (Cheap.) Then I can reserve the Malibu jug purely for iced tea and pray it turns the contents into Long Island Iced Tea. Yeah yeah yeah. YEAH.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...