Friday 11 March 2011

DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME

Just finished watching Easy A (surprisingly gooooooooooooood, oh HI Emma Stone, oh HIIIIII Penn Badgeley, where did those ARMS come from??) and am now dancing to Simple Minds because of it. Well obviously not right this second, I'm taking a break to post this then I'm going to dance downstairs and make a rum and coke and dance back upstairs and get ready to go out.

But this song just reminded me of dancing round the kitchen as a child while my Dad made us kedgeree for Sunday tea to a soundtrack of Tears for Fears, INXS and of course, Simple Minds. And I always wanted to be Victorian so was particularly excited when he made us weird, old-fashioned dishes like kedgeree. And particularly particularly excited when I got to practise my disco dancing while he made it. Oh, childhood.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...